Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Finish

Pretty new finish: this design is Garden Fence by Hyacinth Quilt Designs, and all the fabrics are by Amy Butler. I started with the paisley my sister Pamela chose for her contribution to Grace's birthday quilt, and added other fabrics in pink and green.

Free motion quilted; a free-form flower shape centered in each square, with big, wavy petals, and leaves to fill in empty corners. FMQ means I move the quilt under the needle of the sewing machine, and draw a picture with thread. Just think of the way names are added to Mickey Mouse hats at Disneyland. 

Here's the birthday girl, getting ready to blow out the candles on her Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake. After all, we all worked at Baskin-Robbins in High School, except Pamela!

We celebrated Pamela's birthday in Flagstaff, staying at this beautiful cabin with this glorious view of the San Francisco Peaks. This is the geography of our childhood!

Notice the beautiful pine forest, it smells wonderful! 

 Here's the birthday girl, isn't she cute?

She likes it!

5 comments:

CapitolaQuilter said...

Everything about the quilt is wonderful - and I love the scenery. What a wonderful treasured gift and warm memories. Nicely Done!

Paula said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the pink with the taupe solid - soo soft and pretty! What is the name of the solid?

lindaroo said...

Thank you! The sashing is a Kona solid, and is a mossy green shade, either olive or artichoke, I'm not sure which. I like how it toned down all the other greens and pinks, making the color combo more mature, less little-girl.

(BTW, you may not realize you're a "no-reply" commenter, which means I can't send a personal reply, to your email. You may want to change that so bloggers can thank you personally for your comments, which we LOVE to get, and in case you enter give-aways.)

Grace said...

That quilt is amazing. I love the patterns. Every time you make another quilt I am blown away by your artistry. Truly beautiful work. Pamela is going to treasure it forever.

lindaroo said...

Thank you, Grace! You're my greatest fan!