The weather in Seattle, in winter, is ideal for quilting. Today is a rainy day, and the sun sets at 4:30. And sewing is a lot more fun than trying to figure the application processes for finding a teaching job in the area! Yes, I am a master at procrastination!
When we moved, we downsized pretty radically, but I still have a sewing room! And even though I got rid of stuff, I still have a lot of projects I've started and never finished. So, in addition to acclimating to a new locale and a new style milieu, I plan to finish up some of these UFOs (UnFinished Objects).
1. Christmas Medallion 2. I had hoped to have this quilt and its twin finished by Thanksgiving, and to offer them for sale. Hopefully someone will want to buy one or both for 2017! Green medallion quilt is finished, red medallion quilt is partially quilted.
2. Ocean Connect. I cracked open my Tula Pink Saltwater collection to have a project for the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild sew-in. It took a lot of concentration to arrange the links with fabric oriented the right way up! This quilt top is finished now, and needs a backing, then quilting and binding.
3. Red Churn Dash blocks. These are from the Mid Century Modern bee, which I feel so privileged to have participated in! Oh, how I wish I'd chosen a block that would have allowed the wonderful members to demonstrate more of their personalities. Nevertheless, these remind me of them, and of the inspiration of last year's Quilt Con.
Stars in Their Eyes bee? I've put off finishing it because I want to make it big enough for my bed by adding another row. I'm afraid of ruining it, though! I love the Dresdens around the edge, what could possibly come next? (All suggestions welcome!)
5. Black Diamonds. I have taken apart the stars and put them together as a table runner, and I'm planning to hand quilt it. There may be some placemats using some discarded stars.
6. Birds in a Tree. Hand quilting this one.
7. Flora Supply Case. Not really a UFO, but a new project that will help make all the UFOs easier to complete!
8. Mom's quilt. Some fabric she's saved, some fabric I found on ebay that didn't match so I over-dyed it. I have a plan...
9. Snowman EPP. Elizabeth's patterns with snowman centers. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I want to make more for a wall hanging or quilt.
10. Sew Together Bag or Maker's Tote, for me. I've given away three of the Sew Together bags, and I want one for workshop supplies. Maybe I want a Maker's Tote for sewing supplies, and a Sew Together for a toiletries/travel bag.
Linking up at Karen's site, Capitola Quilter, with 2015 Finish-a-Long Quarter 1.