Friday, November 13, 2020

Hello, again!





 

It's 2020.

And I'm just going to jump into today, with a bunch of quilts I've made this year!

 Begonia

Started in Seattle, 2019 Block of the Month for the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild
Pattern By Stephanie Satterwhite, Satterwhite Quilts
I loved working with Clare, Kathryn, and Joan on our blocks.



It's growing! Now living in Flagstaff, AZ.

Top completed.
Aren't these great Arizona colors?

  
Detail of quilting.

Mod Pop
 


 
Super scrappy!
Pattern by Julie Pickles Designs

This one is a wedding gift for Molly and Billie, who live in Florida. Congratulations, M&B!


Meadowlands/Driftless

I rarely purchase a designer's whole collection,
but Anna Graham's Driftless is gorgeous.

And the Meadowlands pattern by Then Came June
is as much fun to make as I'd been told!

    
On the back, a William Morris repro. 


 Saltwater Blue

Inspired by flags at a marina, and Tula Pink's
delightful Saltwater fabric collection.



Plaid-ish

Pattern by Erica Jackman of Kitchen Table Quilts
A fun challenge to myself, to make a black & white quilt.
Super scrappy, and lots of little bits of color to soften it.


  
The backing used up the last of some hoarded Ikea fabric.
This was my first quilt made when Covid-19 struck,
and all the directives were not black and white,
and all the numbers continually changed.

Plaid-ish 2


Pattern by Erica Jackman of Kitchen Table Quilts
This time, a colorful plaid, using lots of favorite scraps.
Photo taken at lava field, Sunset Crater

 



Fun with Free Motion Quilting
  
Peacock feathers for the backing seem appropriate,
I think.


2020, you just keep going, on and on!

More in the next post-


1 comment:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Wahoo for all the finishes! You've made some lovely quilts. Just this week I looked at the Plaidish pattern again. Last year I cut a few pieces for a Christmas version and am wondering if I should continue. I'm in the middle of a different holiday quilt right now and am not sure I want to make a second one this year. Glad to see you blogging too. I'm hoping to restart my blog as soon as I get a new computer.