Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sewin' it up.

I finally got to turn on my sewing machine, and get to work on some of the piles of possible projects accumulating in my sewing space.

I started some new placemats for myself using some linen and some Summerville prints.


I finished Melissa's quilt! I have to show it to her before I show it here, though!

I took this pile of batting scraps...
and this pile of green fabric strips...
and made these padded strips,
then connected them to each other...
and I made a bag
with a pocket on the outside

and a pocket on the inside.

And with leftover pieces, I made a little fabric bin.

Many thanks to Debbie of Stitchin' Therapy for the brilliant way to use up those batting scraps. Her blog is full of inspiration!




7 comments:

Grace said...

OH MY!!! That purse is over-the-top creative, unique and wonderful. Who would think of doing that?? I love it. I noticed the Girl Scout blended in there, with the badge fabric... hehehe.

Loved the sneak-peak at Melissa's quilt. I can tell by all the colors that she will TREASURE it.

Meghan Elaine said...

you are AMAZING.

Debbie said...

How totally cool....wonderful fabrics and colors. I love that you made "lemonade" with the outside pocket and then the fabric bin with the scraps. A real waste not project. Thanks so much for sharing your bag and post with me. I will also post and share your super job on this. It is really a great complement when someone takes your ideas and gets really inspired.

Unknown said...

Holy cow Mom, that scrap bag is awesome! When you have a pile of scraps from your African fabrics will you make one of those for me pretty please???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your tote bag with us in quilting class. It looks even better in person.

Grace said...

I am the lucky recipient of this very cool tote bag. I'm a die-hard Girl Scout troop leader, and I use it every week. I LOVE THIS BAG!! It's deep and holds everything. I get so many fun comments about it. Thank you Linda!!!

Grace said...

I am the lucky recipient of this very cool tote bag! I LOVE IT. I'm a die-hard Girl Scout leader, and I use it every week for my meetings. It's nice and deep and holds everything. I get so many fun comments about it. Thank you Linda!!!