Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chair Lift

When we hiked on the San Francisco Peaks, we walked over to the Snowbowl, where we skied as kids. In fact, I won a trophy in the Levi Ski Rodeo when I was a 12-year-old, the only trophy I ever won, and probably the only sporting event I ever competed in!
(I took 3rd place... there were four skiers in my heat.)

Here's a picture of the current chair lift at the Snowbowl. It has a large, covered seat, a safety bar, and foot rests.
I have no idea who these people are. Nice smiles, though!

Here's a picture of one of the chairlift seats we rode on when I was a kid. It hangs as decoration above the sign for the Ski Lift Lodge at the base of the mountain, but it's the real thing. Not much to it, is there?
We asked ourselves, what kind of mother would let her children, ages 11, 10, 8, and 6, ride on a thing like that? We answered ourselves, a mother who trusts that her children are smart enough to know how to behave safely and respectfully on a chair lift!

Thanks, Mom!
Linda, Pamela, Laura, Grace, left to right.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

That photo of you and your sisters, its a perfect example of all of you today. You all still look and pose the same way!

lindaroo said...

You're right! That's so funny!